The positive effect of sunlight and light therapy on the human body is undeniable. Light is a necessary condition for the existence of life in general. The sun’s rays affect a variety of biochemical processes occurring in cells and are related to complex biological mechanisms that adapt us to natural rhythms and cycles. It has a beneficial effect on the physique and psyche, but it must be used wisely and cautiously.
Benefits of sunlight:
- Stimulates Vitamin D and strengthens bones. The action of ultraviolet rays on the skin produces vitamin D3 from its provitamin, the content of which is particularly high in the skin and has high vitamin activity. Vitamin D strengthens the bone system by stimulating calcium absorption and maintaining the density of the valuable mineral in the bones. This contributes to healthier bones and its presence is a good prevention for the risk of fractures, especially in the elderly.
- Improves sleep. Melatonin is produced by the pituitary gland, released at night according to the rhythm of sleep, and then dissipated as soon as the morning light rises. This maintains the natural rhythm of wakefulness and sleep. And we all know how critical sleep is to good health.
- Raises the mood. Sunlight stimulates the amount of dopamine and serotonin. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that helps the brain work, control our movements and emotional reactions, and directly affects the pleasure centers. This substance is responsible for our motivation and concentration. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter, also known as the hormone of happiness. It directly affects brain activity and plays an important role in many mental disorders and depression.
- Stimulates the immune system. Sunlight is an excellent way to keep the immune system in peak shape. Light activates the action of phagocytes, and immune cells produce the antimicrobial protein cathelacidin, which plays an important role in the body’s response to bacterial infections.
Bioptron light therapy
Knowing about the health benefits of light in physiotherapy, where natural and reformed physical factors are used for prevention and treatment, light therapy occupies a central place.
Visible and infrared, highly polarized light can have a beneficial effect on the following conditions:
- atopic dermatitis
- wounds from injuries
- wounds after surgery
- muscle spasms
- musculoskeletal injuries
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- back pain
- joint pain
The technology of the device allows optimal penetration of light to different layers of the skin, providing maximum biostimulation and treatment of damaged tissues.
The light it emits is:
- low energy
This makes it highly effective without side effects.
Mechanism of functioning:
The light spectrum provided by this therapy accelerates many beneficial processes in the skin:
- Accelerates microcirculation. Light with a wavelength of 590 nm and 840 nm stimulates the formation of new blood vessels.
- Increases cell activity by improving ATP synthesis and promotes recovery and regeneration processes.
- Increases skin hydration – light with a wavelength of 590 nm helps the skin retain its available water content and maintains its elasticity.
- Accelerates the synthesis of collagen and elastin. Tightens and improves skin density by stimulating the activity of fibroblasts.
- Accelerates tissue repair – light with a wavelength of 830 nm stimulates the activity of mast cells in order to release from them proteins, which subsequently participate in tissue repair.
You can learn more about the method at: http://www.sensolite.com/evidenciapdf/30.pdf
Use sunlight wisely to strengthen and maintain your health. If you need treatment and treatment of various dermatological conditions, pain syndromes and musculoskeletal injuries, you can contact us.